Customers' security is taken very seriously. These are the limits on the use of your Google data:
- The add-on is only allowed to use your data to provide or improve user-facing features that are prominent from the add-on's user interface. It will be clear why and how the add-on is making use of your data.
- The data processed by the add-on is NOT stored or transmitted to anyone for analysis. Not even the add-on’s owner.
- The add-on will not use any data for serving advertisements.
- The add-on will not allow humans to read this data unless we have your affirmative agreement for specific messages, doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for the Add-on's internal operations and even then only when the data have been aggregated and anonymized.
To operate however, the add-on requires the following permissions :
- View and manage your sheets in Google Drive. This permission is required so that the add-on can send personalized bulk email messages with data from your sheet. Basically an email for each row in your sheet is sent. Through the add-on you need to select which column in your sheet contains the Email Recipient address. You can also personalize the email's subject and body by entering merge fields into it. The merge fields are made up of headers from your sheet which consists of the first row within your sheet. When you hit the 'Merge' button the add-on will go through all your records to merge the data in sheet to personalized emails. The add-on will also create a column in your sheet called 'Mail Merge Status'. This column will be used to write the date and time that row has been merged. This will help you keep track of which rows have been merged. The add-on will NOT create or delete any spreadsheet file. Please note that the data in your sheet is NOT stored or shared with anyone (not even with Quicklution) for analysis or marketing.
- Manage drafts and send emails as you . One of the main features of the add-on is to send personalized bulk emails through your Gmail account. Each email will be personalized based on data in your selected Google Sheet. The add-on requires this permission to be able to either send those emails or save them in your draft folder. The add-on does NOT view , update or delete any emails/drafts from your account.